There’s lots of fun and interesting history and things to do close by.
The South Jersey shore is rich with both historic sites and modern.
Within 15 minutes visit:
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum (right on the Boardwalk)
- Historic Absecon Lighthouse (tallest lighthouse in New Jersey)
- Brigantine’s Animal Rescue Center & Sea Life Museum where distressed sea creatures from turtles to whales are nursed back to health and release back to the great Atlantic Ocean
- Lucy The Elephant-an incredible structure you don’t want to miss
Within about an hour, visit:
- Historic Cape May with their magnificent Victorian architecture
- Historic Philadelphia: Art Museum, Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, and hundreds of other landmark destinations
And there’s so much more you can do and see during your stay.